Thursday, November 4, 2010

Making Progress

It's been a while since I've updated everyone, so there's a lot to cover!

First, I'm almost done with all the keys for scene 2, just a little tweaking, polishing, and adding a few breakdowns  before I start on any of the in-betweens.  I did a little color test of one of the shots from scene 2 as well so I could test out my clean up and color process.  Scene 3 is well on it's way in the key stage as well.  I've shot a lot of video reference which is really helping with the fight shots. 


The way I will be cleaning, coloring, and compositing my film begins by shooting all of my tests in iStopMotion and then exporting them as images instead of as a video file. I will then take those images into Photoshop where I will do my final linework and color.  Once colored, the images will be taken into After Effects where they will be placed into the scenes. 


I also hired Rachael Milobar to create the music for my film.  I was impressed with the music she composed for her senior film last year and am very excited to have her working on my film. 

Over the weekend, I will continue to work on keys, both on new shots and tweaking the ones I've already done so that I can add them to my work reel.  I will post the updated animatic with the keys as soon as it is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment