Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pencil Tests

So today I focused on reworking Korra's walk from the tent to the rock by the campfire from scene 2.  The old version was very stiff.  There are more breakdowns at the beginning of the test and then I mainly stuck to keys to make sure I got the positioning correct and she got to where she needed to on the rock.  I will continue to tweak this shot further down the road, but I'm much happier with how this one is turning out.



 This is the fight from shot 9 of scene 3 where Korra is fighting the ghost.  I need more breakdowns for the ghost at the end and the proportions are a bit wacky at this point, but I really like the motion.  I took video reference for this shot and it really has helped my animation a lot. 




This is another of the fight scene shots that I took video reference for.  It was very helpful yet again.  I'm really happy with the motion that I'm getting out of just the keys so far.  The fight scenes have been my favorite thing to work on so far.  



Finally, I got the keys done for 03_020: where Korra cries out in pain when she is struck by the ghost at the end of the fight.  Just keys at this point.

More pencil tests to come throughout the week I'm sure.  My main focus at this point is getting the entire film in rough key form so I can go back and begin to polish and tweak everything.  By doing it this way, I hope that my drawing of the characters will continue to become more consistent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment